Singapore Golf Association (SGA) believes that everyone in our sport has the right to participate in a safe and inclusive training, competition and work environment. SGA is committed to ensuring the safety and wellbeing of athletes, coaches, technical officials, volunteers, members and staff. Our policies and procedures seek to address risks to safe sport and to establish a safe sport culture and environment.
We are committed to safe sport through our Safe Sport Framework, we document our clear commitment to keeping sport safe from harassment and abuse.
Please Click HERE to find out more about Singapore Golf Association’s Safe Sport Commitment.
SAFE SPORT OPERATIONAL STATEMENT
The Safe Sport Framework will focus on three key areas: education, prevention and response. These will be supported by strong governance, policies and procedures, found linked below. The goal is to ensure that all members and registrants, can enjoy sports safely.
Image Credits: SportSG
If you wish to report an incident related to Safe Sport, you may:
- Approach SGA through the use of the Member Protection Policy
- Approach SGA’s appointed Safeguarding Officer through email email@example.com
- Email independent body Sport Singapore firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call 999 only for emergencies that require immediate Police assistance. Otherwise, you may lodge a report at any Police station or Police E-Service page.
If you need help or feel unsure about an encounter, you may reach out to:
- Sexual Assault Care Centre Helpline: 6779 0282 | www.sacc.sg
Operating Hours: Monday to Friday | 10am to 10pm
- Women’s Helpline: 1800 777 5555 | www.aware.org.sg
Operating Hours: Monday to Friday | 10am to 6pm
- Other Useful Resources for Reporting here (pdf attachment)
Files Available for Download
ATHLETE INTEGRATED DEVELOPMENT
Singapore Golf Association has formed a program, Athlete Integrated Development (AID), which focuses on the mental wellbeing of our SGA athletes as we believe it is a key aspect of their high-performance sport experience. AID is aimed at providing additional professional guidance and support for athletes surrounding access to mental wellbeing services, which is in line with SGA’s holistic approach to athlete development.
If you want to know more about the Athlete Integrated Development program, you can;
- Download the document about the program HERE
- Contact SGA’s appointed Safeguarding Officer through email email@example.com