The Singapore Golf Association (SGA) is organising an event called “Golf Celebrates National Day” from 4-5 August 2022. The purpose of this event is to celebrate the upcoming National Day through an island-wide ground up activation which engages the community while supporting charitable organisations.
One of SGA’s key strategic objectives is to make golf inclusive by promoting golf to the masses. Over the past few years, SGA has been organising “Get Golfing” activations where our national players have introduced the game of golf at various community centres and schools. This National Day initiative aims to build on these efforts while embracing Corporate Social Responsibility.
Participating golf clubs in Singapore will dedicate up to five golf flights on either 4 or 5 August to support this event, which will be allocated via a ballot accordingly:
- Each participating golf club will dedicate five 18-hole flights on either 4th August or 5th August 2022 for this activation. The flights can be morning and/or afternoon flights.
- The five flights will be allocated to two separate groups as follows:
- Three flights will be allocated to the public (golfers with no golf club membership)
- Two flights will be allocated to members of participating clubs (golfers will be allocated to play at other participating clubs if they are successful in the ballot.)
The entry fee for both groups will be 50% of the club’s guest green fee, with the full amount being donated to charity. Buggy fees will be paid to the club directly.
- The participating clubs are:
- Tanah Merah Country Club
- Changi Golf Club
- Singapore Island Country Club
- Orchid Country Club
- Sembawang Country Club
- Warren Golf & Country Club
- National Service Resort & Country Club
- Seletar Country Club
- Sentosa Golf Club
- Laguna National Golf Resort Club
- All applications will be submitted via an SGA Typeform and a ballot will be conducted by SGA for both groups (see below for ballot process).
- All funds raised will be donated to the following beneficiaries:
- Asian Women Welfare Association
- Life Community Services
- Food from the Heart
- Clarity Singapore
- All applications must be submitted via this Typeform: https://sgaform.typeform.com/to/VASfbDEp
- The application period closes at 5pm on 25 July 2022. Late applications will not be accepted.
- The ballot will be conducted by SGA. Successful applicants will be notified by 28 July 2022 via the email address provided in the Typeform. Further details will be provided in this notification.
- Ballots are entered individually, not on a per flight basis. SGA will allocate successful applicants to the respective golf course and tee times based on the ballot numbers.
- Spots for this event are non-transferrable. Successful applicants will not be allowed to reallocate their spots to other golfers.
- All participating golfers must have an internationally-recognised handicap index.
- SGA’s Personal Data Protection Policy (https://sga.org.sg/personal-data-protection-policy/) will apply.
If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact the Singapore Golf Association at firstname.lastname@example.org