The Singapore Golf Association (SGA) has established a set of guidelines to safeguard all golfers, staff and visitors’ safety and wellbeing. We seek the golf clubs’ and golfers’ continued cooperation in ensuring adherence to these guidelines in addition to all other related government advisories.
Please see attached updated Safe Management plans which will be in effect. Please also use attached event factsheet template to submit SMMs for each event for approval.
Standard on-course golfing flights based on an 18-hole golf course capacity will be allowed with the following measures:
- In one (1) flight, there must be no more than a group of 5 pax (including instructor/coach /caddy)
- Physical distancing of 2 metres at all times (i.e. as a practical guide this equated to “2-arm’s length during exercises”) within the group of 5 in a flight.
- 3 metre distance between different groups should be maintained at all times.
- No mixing or mingling between multiple groups before, during and after golf.
- Mask should be worn as a default. Masks can be taken off if performing strenuous activities when playing golf, although it is still recommended to keep mask on as good practice even under such circumstances.Masks must be worn once the individual has ceased strenuous activity (e.g while riding in buggies).
All other Facilities
- Events that were previously endorsed by SGA/SportSG will need to have their SMMs updated and organisers are to resubmit their plans for endorsement by SGA.
- Organisers must ensure that participants adhere strictly to all Safe Management Measures. No social activities before, during and after the event are allowed (strictly no deviation from “play and leave policy”).
- Organisers are advised not to carry out related marketing/publicity efforts before receiving endorsement from SGA, as the event may require modifications before it may proceed.
- 1) For driving ranges with distance between bays (edge to edge) equal to or more than 2 metres:
- Adjacent bays usage is allowed (max of 2 persons per bay)
- Mask down is allowed if engaged in strenuous activity, although mask on is highly encouraged
- 2) For driving ranges with distance between bays (edge to edge) less than 2 metres:
- Option 1: By default, the operator should allow for alternate bays to be used. Mask should be worn as a default. Masks can be taken off if performing strenuous activities when playing golf. Masks must be worn once the individual has ceased strenuous activity (eg. sitting on the bench/chair).
- Option 2: If the operator wishes to allow using adjacent bays, they need to ensure 100% compliance for all participants to be masked up at all times, irrespective of during play or rest.
- For Option 2, need to ensure that groups of 5 rule is maintained. Thus: Do not allow more than one person per bay and leave one bay empty after every 5 bays, to comply to 3m rule between groups
Please click on the links below to view the respective Safe Management Plans
Safe Management plan for Golf Clubs and Public Golf Facilities
Version 18_V2 (updated 10 August 2021)
Safe Management plan for all Golf Academies located at Golf Clubs and Public Golf Facilities
Version 15_V2 (updated 10 August 2021)
For SGA Safe Management Measures Event Factsheet Template, please Click HERE
For Sports SG Advisory, please Click HERE